Dettol, the leading germ protection brand from the portfolio of RB (formerly known as Reckitt Benckiser) organised an insightful session dedicated to expecting and new mom’s in Gurugram today. The event saw participation of specialists like, Dr. Sanjay Wazir, Paediatrician, Cloudnine and Dr. Geetika Ganlovgwani, Lactation consultant (IBCLC) & Women’s health physiotherapist, Fortis Mamma Mia. The focus of discussions was to educate the mothers about the importance of health and hygiene for their new born.
Good hygiene for a clean Nursery
When your baby comes home, until their natural immunity has developed, it’s important that everything they come into contact with is hygienically clean. This means making sure surfaces are not only cleaned but also disinfected (using a antiseptic liquid) to properly kill germs. Choosing suitable baby essentials will help.
- Make sure your changing mat is waterproof so it can be regularly cleaned and disinfected
- Choose toys that are easy to clean
- Have Dettol Multi Use Hygiene Liquid to hand for wiping contaminated surfaces
- Choose a cot that is safe and is easy to wipe clean if your baby is sick
Preparing for hospital
A pregnancy checklist will help you stay organised right up to the time you’re ready to go to hospital to give birth. Here are some things to get ready in advance.
- Your birth plan
- Dressing gown, slippers, old nightdress for labour and clothes for afterwards
- Dettol Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Muslin cloth
- Baby blanket
- Clothes to wear in hospital and to travel home in
Preparing for birth
During birth you and your new baby are vulnerable to germs and bacteria. Good hygiene is therefore vital to keep you both healthy.
For a hospital birth:
- Keep a Dettol wipes or a Hand Sanitizer near your bed, and ensure that everyone who examines you or your baby uses it
- Make sure visitors use the Dettol wipes or a Hand Sanitizer when they arrive and leave
With good hygiene as one of your baby essentials, you and your baby can be sure of a healthy start.